“I don’t believe in rules or boundaries when it comes to makeup,” says Maybelline New York Global Makeup Artist Yadim. As the backstage-beauty mastermind behind some of Fashion Week’s most noteworthy looks, Yadim is accustomed to stepping outside the box. Here, go behind the scenes of three shows, Cushnie Et Ochs, Marissa Webb, & Baja East, and get the looks that give you the edge to work backstage beauty into your everyday arsenal.
Receive a set of limited- edition makeup brushes!
Purchase $10 or more of Maybelline New York products and submit your receipt to Vogue Promotions to receive a set of limited-edition makeup brushes.
Offer valid on purchases made from August 25, 2015, to October 1, 2015; while supplies last. Receipts must be received by October 15, 2015. Limit one gift per household. ARV of the gift: $25. Mail your original receipt showing qualifying purchase, your name, address, and phone number to: Maybelline GWP, Vogue Promotions, 1 World Trade Center, 26th Floor, New York, NY 10007, Attn: Megan Keane. Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery. Shipping in the U.S. only.
Sculptural silhouettes mingle with feminine folds; candy reds juxtapose blushed peony pinks. Modern styles are topped with plush velvets and traffic-stopping furs, resulting in a high-impact finish.
Global Makeup Artist Yadim explains, “This collection was rooted in space-travel, so we went with a space-age version of a graphic, retro eye, done in a futuristic way… This look is all about the liner and mascara. It was graphic, but smoky. There is a toughness to this girl,” he says. But the look doesn’t have to be a carbon copy. “You may not wear it exactly as it was in the show, but don’t be afraid to intensify your makeup. ”
GET THE LOOK
1. Use FaceStudio® Master Prime™ to illuminate and highlight contours of the face.
2. Line the eyes with Master Kajal™ Eyeliner in Onyx Rush and layer it with black shadow from The NUDES Palette.
3. Use Eye Studio® Master Precise™ Eyeliner on the top and bottom lash line for added detail, then apply Lasting Drama® Gel Pencil in White Cashmere to the upper and lower waterlines.
4. Apply Eye Studio® Color Molten™ in Teal Twist on the lid.
5. Coat the top and bottom lashes with The Colossal® Chaotic Lash Mascara.
6. Finish with Color Sensational® Creamy Mattes Lip Color in Nude Embrace on the lips.
Shop these products at Maybelline.com
Marissa Webb has made it her mission to design menswear-inspired styles with a feminine twist for the girl who is just one of the boys. The Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear collection speaks unabashedly to this aesthetic through sophisticated fabrics and elevated basics in timeless shapes. The result? Effortless cool-girl appeal.
Yadim intends for women to love fresh-faced beauty. “When you see something editorially or on a runway, it doesn’t always mean you should translate it literally. If you want to, that’s great, but I think the women who aren’t there yet can still find plenty of inspiration.”
GET THE LOOK
1. Start with Dream Liquid™ Mousse as the base and Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer where needed.
2. Contour the cheeks with the taupe shade from The NUDES Palette.
3. Apply Eye Studio® Color Molten™ in Rose Haze for a pink glow at the cheeks.
4. Coat the top and bottom lashes with Lash Sensational™ Mascara.
5. Apply Color Blur™ Matte Pencil in I’m Blushing to the lips and blur with the smudging end for a soft, smooth look.
The cozy, beachy knit has arrived and it’s spearheaded by the Baja East Fall 2015 collection. Made up of luxe sweaters, billowing silhouettes, and androgyny all over, the fall styles turn out cool neutrals with pre-winter perfection.
Yadim explained that designer, Baja East’s charm was in its imperfectness. “I love this idea that you can rub makeup off, make it lived in and worn away. Don’t be afraid to try something new. If you don’t like it, wipe it off! The rawness and quickness make it fun.”
“We scrubbed off half the look because the designers loved the rawness of it. It wasn’t too perfect and it still felt cool and easy”
GET THE LOOK
1. Using The NUDES Palette, begin with a taupe shadow all over the eyelids.
2. Apply a bronze shadow on the lids and bottom lash line and a gold shadow to highlight the inner corners of the eye.
3. Apply Lasting Drama® Gel Pencil in Cashmere White, then layer Eye Studio® Color Tattoo® 24 Hour Cream-Gel Shadow in Too Cool on the eyelids, brow bone, and eyebrows.
4. Finish with Baby Lips® Lip Balm in Quenched on the lids and the lips for a soft, natural finish.